[February 4, 2023] Cast Announced! Volunteer Slots Open!
We are honored and delighted that we had almost 150 applications from 7 diferent countries (and a whole lotta states)! Selecting the cast was incredibly difficult – but it's done and you can see who you're going to see in Salem on the various show pages. As ever, casting lists are subject to change right up until the last minute (life happens).
We need you to help make all this glittery magic work! We need people to ush, to help performers backstage, to work the theatre tech, and so much mure. There are litterally dozens of different volunteer slots, so we know we can find something for you to do!
[April 25, 2022] 2023 Dates Announced!
We are incredibly excited to announce that the Great Burlesque Exposition will be back in Salem in 2023! The dates are May 4-7, and we're still finalizing exactly what the details look like, but we're thinking:
- Saturday, October 1, 2022: Performance Applications open!
- Wednesday, January 4, 2023: Applications close
- Saturday, February 4, 2023: Performance Notifications go out
The BurlExpo weekend itself will look something like this...
- Thursday, May 4: Star Bras! our sci-fi themed special spectacular, followed by a welcome party for performers!
- Friday, May 5: A walking tour and some classes in the afternoon; in the evening, our Rhinestone Revue and our enchanting Burlesk Bordello
- Saturday, May 6: Classes and vendors during the day; The Main Event in the evening
- Sunday, May 7: It's Betty Blaize's Birthday! Start the day with a birthday brunch, then Classes and vendors during the day.
All of this is going to be a lot of work and a ton of fun. If you're interested in getting involved, please email us ASAP!
Code of Conduct
The Great Burlesque Exposition is committed to creating a safe, inclusive, and respectful environment for all attendees, performers, and staff. By attending the event, you agree to abide by the following Code of Conduct:
- Respect others: Treat everyone with respect, dignity, and kindness, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability, or any other characteristic. Harassment, discrimination, and bullying will not be tolerated.
- Obtain consent: Always obtain explicit, enthusiastic consent before touching or interacting with another person in any way. Do not assume that someone wants to be touched or involved in any kind of physical activity. Respect the personal boundaries of others. Do not touch or engage with someone without their explicit consent. If someone says no, stop immediately and respect their wishes.
- Be mindful of language: Use language that is inclusive, respectful, and appropriate for all listeners. Avoid using derogatory, discriminatory, or hateful language.
- Report violations: If you witness or experience any violations of this code of conduct, please report them to event staff or security personnel immediately. All reports will be taken seriously and investigated thoroughly.
By following this Code of Conduct, we can create a safe and welcoming space for everyone to enjoy The Great Burlesque Exposition. Additionally, although not explicitly connected to conduct, all attendees are expected to follow all rules and guidelines set forth by the event organizers and venue staff. Failure to do so may result in removal from the event.
Thank you for your compassionate cooperation and your participation in creating a positive experience for all attendees.